Verve and master card have a lot of differences between them. You need to know the difference for security reasons. If you don’t know them, the funds in your bank are at risk. Well, don’t panic as am about to reveal to you, the difference between verve and master card.
Once you’re done going through this article, you will learn how to protect one of these card most. Master card has more benefits, but very risky to manage, and could empty your bank account if you don’t secure it well.
This is different when it comes to verve card. It doesn’t have many benefits unlike master card but without giving out your PIN, and verve card altogether, your funds are safe.
Difference between verve and master card
With verve card, your funds are safer than when you have a Master card. This is because, If someone does not know your bank PIN (Personal Identification Number), he/she won’t be able to deduct funds from your bank.
When someone steals your Verve card to make payments online, it must surely request for a PIN. Furthermore, verve card only covers limited payments. Almost all international payment companies do not accept verve card.
So, if you have your Verve card stolen, all you need to do is to contact your bank, or use the bank application to turn off debit transactions. Even if you don’t do that earlier, your funds will still be safe as far as it’s a Verve card.
For master card, if you do not make transactions online, or international payment, you don’t need to make use of Master card. Even if you want to make use of it, you must be aware of its disadvantage.
If someone steals, and have access to your master card, then expect to have zero amount in your bank. This is because, with master card, PIN are not required in some online payments and transactions. The requirements are just the numbers written on the master card.
These numbers include the 16-digit numbers at the front of your master card, the expiring date and month, and the C.V. (3-digit numbers) at the of the card. These digits can be used to purchase items online without your PIN.
What is the difference between verve and master card
The list of differences between a Verve card and a Master card are:
- Verve card can be used for local payment, while Mastercard can be used to pay bills, make purchases online and access cash at ATM worldwide.
- Master card do not require PIN when you want to make some international payment, while Verve card must require a PIN to complete a payment in the country.
- Not all companies accept verve card, but with Master card, be assured it would be acceptable.
Even with the international spending limit on master card, you still need to protect your card. It shouldn’t be given to those you don’t trust. Keep it safe. If you can’t, then you need to get a verve card, and keep your PIN safe in your mind.
Features of Naira Mastercard
- Once you have a Naira Mastercard, you can go anywhere without cash.
Spending limit for international transactions can be up to $100.
- In the United Kingdom, you can be cashless, and still make use of transportation with the use of ‘Tap and Go functionality‘.
- There is no extra charge when you purchase your airline tickets in Naira.
- Offers card protection to either active, or deactivate cards for all types of transactions. This can be done using the Card-in-Control Service.
The Features of Verve card
- Accepted by all payment channels and bank branches connected to the Interswitch Network in Nigeria.
- Takes only 15 minutes to process and get your Verve card.
- It is secured by chip and PIN technology.
- It can be used for payments on local websites, and P.O.S.
- Verve card cannot be used for payments on international websites and P.O.S.
- Requires a PIN for all ATM and P.O.S. transactions.
- A one-time password is required for local website purchases.
- The amount to get a new card, replacing a lost or stolen card is N1,000.
Features of Platinum Debit MasterCard
- Acceptable worldwide, and pay for goods and services at over 29 million locations.
- Withdraw cash from over 1.8 million ATMs worldwide.
- Secured with chip and PIN technology.
- Can be linked to Bank current, or savings account.
- It is valid for 3 years.
In conclusion, I hope you’re able to discover the difference between Verve card, and Master Card. Always remember to check your bank statement of account when needed. Kindly share with your friends.
Last Modified: June 27, 2022 by OKVIX