Prospective students can now check their names on the NYSC Senate List portal. The NYSC Senate-approved list has already been published. As you continue reading, you will discover how to check your name on the NYSC list using the NYSC Senate list checker.
The National University Commission (NUC) has approved the Senate list. Also, the officials have uploaded the list online, which you can check with your device. As a Prospective Corp Member (PCM), you’re expected to check if your name appears on the list. This is to ensure that you know your status and that the information entered is correct.
NYSC Senate List
The NYSC Senate List is a list of names sent out by the university that have been approved by the National University Council (NUC). After approval by the NUC, the list is forwarded to the NYSC. Once you see your name on the Senate list, it means that you’re eligible for the one-year national service.
Let me help you understand more about what the Senate List is all about. After your university clearance, the university will forward your name to the National University Commission (NUC) for approval.
After that, the list arrives at the NYSC portal. This is when it is called the Senate list. Let’s take a look at how to check your name on the NYSC Senate list.
How To Check NYSC Senate List
To check if your name is on the NYSC Senate List,
- Get started by visiting the NYSC senate list checker at https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc2/VerifySenateLists.aspx
- Next, select your institution.
- After that, enter your matriculation number.
- Also, enter your surname
- Select your day, month, and year of birth.
- Finally, click on ‘Search‘ to check if your name is on the list.
This will give you the opportunity to check if your educational information is correct.
NYSC Senate List PDF
To print the NYSC Senate list PDF, first check the Senate list. After that, using your computer, select CTL+P. This will print the NYSC list in PDF format.
List of approved institutions available for the NYSC Senate List
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
- Bayero University (BUK)
- Federal University of Gashua (FUGASHUA)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic.
- Abubakar Tafawa Belewa University.
- Abubakat Tatari Ali, Polytechnic
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI )
- The Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM)
- Abdu Gausau Polytechnic Zamfara.
- Abia state college of health, science, management and technology.
- Admiralty University, Ibusa
Institutions: NYSC Senate List
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- Federal University, Dustin-Ma (FUDMA)
- Federal University, Dutse (FUD)
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Achievers university Owo Ondo state
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Adamawa State University
- Abuja School of Accountancy and Computer Studies.
- Adeyemi College of Education.
- Adekunle Ajasin University.
- Adeleke University, Ede.
- Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic.
- The Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH)
- The University of Abuja, Gwagwalada (UNIABUJA)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- The National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos (NOUN)
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil (NPA)
- Nigerian Army University Biu (NAUB)
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
Continuation: NYSC Senate List
- Abia state polytechnic.
- Abia state university.
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- The Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Federal University of Health Sciences, Ila Orangun, Osun State
- Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE)
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike (MOUAU)
- Nigerian Maritime University Okerenkoko, Delta State (NMU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Federal University of Technology, Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom State
More: NYSC Senate List
- Federal University of Health Sciences, Azare, Bauchi State
- Usman Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko, Imo State (EPU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU)
- Edo University Iyamo (EUI)
- Federal University of Technology, Babura, Jigawa State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)
- Anambra State University of Science & Technology, Uli
- Bauchi State University, Gadau ( BASUG)
- Federal University of Health Technology, Otukpo Benue
- Federal University of Agriculture, Zuru, Kebbi State
- Bukar Abba Ibrahim University, Damaturu
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli (COOU)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- The University of Africa Toru Orua, Bayelsa State (UAT)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi (KSUST)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
More: NYSC Senate List Institutions
- Dennis Osadebe University, Asaba
Delta University of Science and Technology, Ozoro
- Bamidele Olumilua University of Science and Technology, Ikere, Ekiti State
- Bayelsa Medical University
- Benue State University, Makurdi (BSU)
- Bornu State University, Maiduguri (BOSU)
- University of Cross River State (UNICROSS)
- Yobe State University, Damaturu (YSU)
- Zamfara State University
- David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences, Uburu, Ebonyi State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Gombe State University, Gombe (GSU)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Northwest University Kano
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye (OOU)
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED)
- Kogi State University Anyigba (KSU)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- The Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Oyo State Technical University Ibadan (Tech-U)
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Sokoto State University (SSU)
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa (SLU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology Abeokuta
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TASU)
- The Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni (IAUE)
How to check if you are eligible for NYSC
To check if you’re eligible for NYSC, there are three major ways to do so.
- Completion of your clearance at your institution.
- Search to see if your name is listed on the Senate list.
- Print your NYSC call Up letter from the NYSC portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my name not on the Senate list?
There are many reasons why your name could not be found on the Senate list, including:
- The Senate list upload is still in progress.
- Your name is not listed on the matriculation list.
- You didn’t apply for the mobilization.
What is the NYSC Senate List?
Answer: It is a list that is being handed over to the NYSC by the National University Council. The list is to further arrange the batch and stream for the national one-year mandatory service.
What are the requirements to check the Senate list?
Answer: The requirements are the name of the institution, matriculation number, surname, and date of birth.
How many months is NYSC in Nigeria?
Answer: The NYSC in Nigeria is a one-year mandatory national service. You have to serve for twelve months during the NYSC period.
What is NYSC certificate number?
Answer: It is the combination of letters and the alphabet used to identify an individual who has successfully completed his or her one-year mandatory national service.
In conclusion, I hope you have learned how to check the NYSC Senate List and what it is all about. If you found this content helpful, kindly share it with your friends.