The newly admitted 2020/2021 students of AE-FUNAI complained about extortion /illegal collection of funds outside the official list of payment given to them.
The issue however got to the notice of the university management and some measures were taken to tackle such dismay.
Following the recent MEMO released by Alex Ekwueme Federal University, the university management after noticing the complaints by fresh students about extortion/illegal collection of funds outside approved fee at different point of their registration processes, reacted by putting an end to such.
The illegal charges listed include:
- N1,000 for collection of Admission letter
- N1,000 at ICT
- N700 AT ICT
- N1,000 at faculty for submission of blue form.
Consequent upon the above, the management directed that such extortion/illegal collections be stopped with immediate effect. Adding that all approved payments would henceforth be made through remita and must be receipted.
The management further warned staff who are directly or indirectly involved in the registration processes of fresh students as any infraction will attract appropriate displinary action.
Places to change your payments to receipt
- You can change your developmental levy, T-shirt, Chair levy (300/400 level) at Faculty of science.
- Changing of school fees, faculty and departmental payment is at your Faculty.
- Student Union Government payment is at SUG office at temp. site.
- GST payment at GST office (Admin block) at permanent site.
How to change those tellers/payments to school receipt
- Make a photocopy of each payment.
- Visit the office assigned to change them.
Requirements for submission of file (100 level)
Before you submit your six files to your Faculty, you should have the following ready and must be arranged as shown below.
- JAMB admission letter (Institutional use only)
- School admission letter (Photocopy)
- Acceptance fee receipt (Remita and acceptance of admission)
- Clearance form (Blue form)
- UTME result slip
- Post UTME result slip
- O’ level result (Verified from ICT)
- School fees receipt
- Birth certificate (NPC)/Age declaration.
- Identification letter from Local Government Area (LGA).
- Letter of attestation
- Course registration form (Online and manual).
- Acceptance form
- Student’s record form.
- Medical Screening form
- Letter of undertaking
- Matriculation oath form
- Non-membership of court oath form
- At least 3 passports
It is advisable you to try and submit your 6 files to the university management during your 100 level.