You can easily link your NIN to your MTN SIM under a minute. I guess your SIM have been blocked, or it will soon be blocked if you don’t act fast. Well, you don’t need to worry about that. Here, I will disclose to you, how to link your NIN to your MTN number in a minute. Yeah. Keep reading to discover that.
If you don’t link your NIN to your MTN SIM, the service provider will surely block your line. When blocked, you will be limited to certain features. You might be able to receive calls, but you won’t be able to make a call. That’s one of the disadvantage of not linking your NIN to MTN service provider.
Actually, it doesn’t matter if you have been blocked or not, once you’re able to complete the linking process, which will take under a minute, you will now be able to access all MTN features as usual.
Before you connect your NIN to your MTN number, you need to have your NIN (National Identification Number) with you.
Code to check NIN number on MTN
To check your NIN number on your MTN SIM using USSD code, simply dial *346#. After that, your NIN will be revealed to you. Note: Charges are applied.
Without further ado, let me proceed to show you how to link your NIN to your MTN number in a minute.
How to link your NIN to your MTN number in a minute
There are multiple ways to link your NIN to your MTN number, and they are:
- 1. Using MTN NIN link code
- 2. Using MTN application
- 3. Through MTN website/link
Using MTN NIN link code
To Link your NIN to your MTN number using MTN NIN link code in a minute, simple dial *785#. Once you dial the code, enter your NIN to complete your NIN linking.
Using MTN application
To link your NIN to your MTN SIM using MTN application,
- Download the MTN application on Google Play store, and install.
- Enter your number to login.
- A message will pop up asking you to link your NIN to your MTN number.
Select yes and proceed.
- Finally, select NIN and enter your NIN number to completely connect your NIN to your MTN number.
Through MTN website/link
To Link your NIN to your MTN number through MTN website/link,
- Visit MTN website https://www.mtnonline.com/
- Next, click on ‘Link your NIN‘.
- On the next page, select the identity you wish to use to link your NIN to your MTN line.
- Enter your phone number, and the identity number.
- Finally, click on ‘Next‘, to complete your NIN linking.
Why is MTN saying my NIN is invalid
There are several reasons why MTN indicated that your NIN is invalid. It could be because of bad network, or invalid NIN.
You need to visit any NIN accredited center to check if you completed NIN registration during the period you registered for it. You also, print your NIN at the accredited center.
Last Modified: April 7, 2022 by OKVIX